Friday, August 11, 2006

and yet another

Friday.

Good time for a few paranoia induced conspiracy raves.

Ready? Begin.

1) I filled the tank of my gas-guzzler today, fearful (at first), that I had missed the usual weekend price-hike deadline, and that i would be out an additional ten to fifteen cents per gallon. Imagine my surprise when I noted that the price at the pump had dropped!!

Lemme see here, the price of oil has gone up this past week, the Alaskan North Slope fields will be at half capacity for about six months and the war in the mideast rages on while the U.N. and all its pompous ambassadors grope themselves in an impure manner; factors that, for the past several months, have driven the price of gas up-up-UP!!

So what gives?

I remember now, it is an election year, and the powers that be don't want us too pissed off from having to walk to the polls because we cannot afford to drive.

NEXT!!

2) see this link, or possibly this one.

Apparently this terrorist crap is out-of-control. (see the post just prior to this one). The Department of Homeland Security has emerged from their marathon "Dungeons and bin Laden" sessions to announce that your PC, ( YES!! yours ), may very well be the vehicle of the next attack, and urges all Windows users to patch the secuirty threats that endanger us all.

Am I the only one who even thought that these patches might make it a bit easier for someone, Big Brother, W, the big Dick (Cheney), to watch us? I mean, it usually takes the feds about a century to spot a threat, and longer to act on it, (can you say 'Katrina'?), but they did this one in a week. They are either on meth or were ready for this 'opportunity'.

3) and FINALLY!

It has been noted that the uncovering of and (apparent) foiling of the most recent terrorist plot will benefit the party in power this election cycle.

see it here and here.

In my most deranged moments, I wonder about the timing of these events, and whether or not they are intended to nudge the American electorate one way or the other. Given that this development may give the party in power an advantage, could it be that Hezbollah, Al Quaida and the pope of terrorism, Osama, is endorsing this particular direction of thought, and if so, why? What do the bad guys have to gain by keeping the alarmists in power. Truthfully, I don't know, but I am sure that the thought will fester....


OK, I am taking my medications now, and will forget all about this stuff....





2 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

If Israel invading (however justified it may or may not be) Lebanon has caused gas prices to go down, could it be that the American people perceive Israel's actions as a "good thing?" We seem to be content to sit back and let them at it. "Condee" keeps saying stuff like, "OK, let's not get in a hurry here . . . " which I find kind of weird.

8:02 AM  
Blogger eccentric recluse said...

I dunno if the general population really has an opinion, let alone a considered opinion.

I think that Condi and the gang, (and she really is the brainz of the outfit) do not want to settle for a deal that will let Hezbollah keep its power base in the south, preferring instead to let the Israeli's open up a can of whoop-ass on them, and then impose a peace...

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home