Friday, September 29, 2006

what is a guy to do?

It is that time of the year again, and I have been getting copious calls from pollsters wanting my opinion on all manner of inconsequential things. The latest, just an hour or so ago, was from a group called Focus on the Family. I answered the very leading questions as truthfully as possible, including those that inquired as to whether I had ever heard of FotF. I wonder if my answers might have been thrown out as I reluctantly admitted that I had indeed heard of the group. I would like to note here that two of the five questions were issue oriented, (and that is being charitable), the other three seemed to be aimed at who I am and have I heard of this group.

Interesting.

From here on in, my own policy will be to try to ascertain the bias of whoever it is that is calling, and then skew my answers in such a way that it might lead that group or party to make even more of an ass of itself.

And speaking of ass......

CNN is reporting that Congressman Mark Foley, (R-Florida), resigned today in the face of a possible scandal pertaining to his, eh, relationship, with certain pages in the U.S. House of Representatives. This is not the first time that a Congressman has been tripped up by a page, but that is not what caught my eye. I noticed at the end of the article that the state GOP will name a substitute candidate very soon, and that any votes that Mr. Foley manages to accumulate will be awarded to the new candidate. That strikes me as odd at best, and unconstitutional at worst. But what do I know?

There is only one poll that matters, it is November 7th.

Be there, or be less than round.

Stay focused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home