Saturday, August 25, 2007

is there no beginning to the sanity of it?

This has been a long year. There are just over 14 months to go until the next general election and it is already burning me out. For whatever it is worth to either of you who look in from time to time, I am calling it a Clinton-Giuliani matchup right now. If I am right, how it will go is anyone's guess----ditto if I am wrong.

I will say that regardless of party affilliation, the country will go for the candidate that best represents credibility. People, like me and at least a couple of you, are fairly sick of just almost everything, either what the shadow government (big business) or the elected government does or does not do, or the way that it goes about it. An article today from MSNBC alleges what seems to me to be fairly widespread corruption and fraud on the part of American nationals, (civilian contractors, government officials and soldiers) in Iraq, and something that may be considered to be a coverup on the part of the government itself. The fact of the corruption does not surprise me much, the way that it is being dealt with does. This war has been as much about opening the public treasury to certain well-connected interests as it has about anything else. But I digress.

What people will support more than anything else next year is credibility in terms of character and strategy, and transparency in its subsequent implimentation. Right now, the GOP has a big problem with both of those qualities, tho the Dem's are racing to catch up, and the front-runner on the left brings a truckload of her own baggage in those particular areas. The election itself will be a bellwhether of sorts, already the placement of primary dates is like the 'Gong Show' of politics, the actual elections will be closely watched for any indication of fraud or tampering. I believe that any attempt to subvert the balloting process, (or even the appearance of such) will be dealt with, one way or another. It may be through the legal system, but I doubt it, as that too has its problems with its image in terms of justice vs money.

This will be interesting to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home