Thursday, December 27, 2007

the last post of the year

Politics.





It's all about the BS quotient.





Well, today, we saw just how far a committed activist is willing to go to advance an agenda in Pakistan. Now to be honest with you, I really don't have an opinion about any of the parties there, as I am pretty sure that whatever agenda that they push, it is still going to run counter to our interests in one way or another.





My point here is that there are no opinions, there are only absolutes, and no room to accomodate anyone not seeing things along the same straight and narrow lines that you do.





Sound familiar? Perhaps a little bit, perhaps only by a matter of degree.





Can this kind of thing happen here? I don't believe it will become the norm, at least not in my lifetime, (I hope anyway), but I am afraid that in the coming months, with the candidates that we have to work with, the level of frustration and desperation that we have with us right now, we may see some dramatic events that put the United States in a rather unfavorable light.





I hope not, but let's face it, we, from time to time, produce individualswith a capacity for that kind of thing.



Lately, I have had a funny feeling that things are, well, kind of falling apart, on quite a few fronts. Don't laugh, but I have even noticed it on the commercial front, mechanized billing systems and what have you. Customer service and the quality of goods has been going downhill since I don't know when, but when the mechanisms for picking our pockets start to falter, one has to ask if everything is really all right.




I don't have any formal New Years resolutions, but I intend, at least as far as I can, to be for a few things rather than against others, (that is not absolute by the way). My discourse will be a bit more civil, even to the point of refraining from calling some idiot a**hole an idiot a**hole.





So there. Had to get that out of my system.





Stay focused.



Stay Vigilant.



Stay out of the way.

3 Comments:

Blogger eccentric recluse said...

I don't know that f**kwad, or endorse his f**kwad site

7:28 AM  
Blogger Woozie said...

Adam Brown
A dumbass clown
Running his trap
Giving out the clap

Can't shut the hell up
About the erotica 2girls1cup
Loves to munch shit
Until his lips get split

Spends his spare time
Bathing in grime
In mom's basement, playing Yahtzee
With his friends from the American Nazis

I'll be here all week.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Roy said...

In a different context, I would have sworn there was no word that rhymed with Nazi.

Adam Brown, you have made an error in judgement, because if ER had asked about something 1 month ago, he would have remembered it. His memory goes back 5-6 weeks, reliably, before stuff drops off.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home