Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just wondering?

I saw this article in Wired magazine that I took to be a parody, but I am not sure. I laughed, but other media outlets are picking this up and taking it seriously.
I am not going to go into a lot of detail, but I don't buy it, at least not without some substantive evidence, (and I don't mean some concerned parents and law enforcement types who don't know what a binaural tone is...), but speaking as a social observer, I think that this might be the next big thing for somebody to make a stink about.
Listen for it on talk radio, any outlet that sells time to preachers with an ax to grind and a convenient 800 number and Faux News.
Remember that it is too ridiculous to take real seriously, but consider just one question, what is the second and third domino if some clown succeeds in getting a website or media file restricted?

3 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

I remember the "scare" about getting a real, biological, virus from your computer. I caught it but luckily I was able to cure myself by staring into a laser beam.

(I got the idea from a class is Richardson.)

5:46 PM  
Blogger eccentric recluse said...

I am thinking that the person who develops a means of inducing an orgasm via mp3 will be the next Steve Jobs, and after that, probably Big Brother, (or Sister, whichever role is applicable).

Of course, driving will become a lot more hazardous, if not pleasurable, and many, many more laws and regulations will be required. That ought to make some people happy by itself, and the fact that people will pay damn near anything for it, and surrender any vestige of privacy and dignity in the process will make many of the other factions happy as well.

We can rename the new nation "Oceania".

8:10 AM  
Blogger eccentric recluse said...

THEY"VE DONE IT. NIRVANA is at our fingertips! ( I just couldn't resist the pun....).

i-doser.com brings us the i-orgasm for just $3.75 a pop, (sorry, I am getting puns on sale from DonRickles.com).

** Condoms not included

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home