Tuesday, October 17, 2006

...and yet another one

Well, the fun continues in our nations capitol. This time, the merriment was centered on the daughter of a Congressman, (Curt Weldon, R-PA) and her lobbyist (business) partner.

The Congressman, quickly rushing to the defense of his mealticket, noted for the press "I have not done anything wrong and my daughter hasn't either," Weldon said at a news conference late Monday afternoon. "I would absolutely never use my position to help anyone in an unusual way."

I believe him.

I really want him to define the term "unusual way".

Does that mean that he would pay and accept bribes, smear any opposition with lies, misinformation and innuendo, (the usual routine); all the while taking the high road by declining to rig lobbying contracts for family members?

I just want him to elaborate, thats all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good catch. Yep, you are a thinker. I ask myself those questions continually when I listen to people talk in public, on the news, in commericals, gee, I must think a lot. But every time I open my mouth and comment about it, people tend to get upset. I guess there are more people out there willing to just sheep it all in as facts and truths. What is wrong with people. Who raised these people? I'm at a loss.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home