Wednesday, November 08, 2006

enough of this creativity crap

Yesterday, I was tagged by Woozie, and charged with the task of creating a bit of free form artwork, and posting it for the benefit of, (and subject to the ridicule and criticism of) all who visit this site.

Now I am a logistics man by nature, and don't consider myself to be the creative type, but, what the hell, I can't keep hammering on election issues forever. (BTW, does anybody know if Rush Limbaugh killed himself?). So, after waking up in the usual manner, with an affectionate female on top of me, I decided to make a quick sketch, using nothing but the back of a piece of used computer paper and a ball point pen.

The female I mention is my dog, who, is always near someone, and is very desiring of attention. In the mornings, I usually stretch myself out on the bed, let my eyes focus on the ceiling, and wait for the dog to climb on me, give me a few quick kisses and look at me, as if to say, "OK, what are we doing next?". As I type, she is at my feet, waiting to spring into action at the thought of going to another room and getting to sit on my lap.

This folks, is unconditional love. It is the second purest form of love known to mankind.

Here she is, rough, to be sure, but all mine.




Now, who to tag? How about:

Anne, (who is a creative genius)

Pud &

Omar, (in honor of his recent visit).

OK folks, on deck, it's showtime!



update 1: Omar wins, the first to post his work. I know not who he is tagging...

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This folks, is unconditional love. It is the second purest form of love known to mankind.

I hate to be naive, presumptuous, or just plain stupid - and I have been known to be all three more than once - sometimes concurrently - and yet, I'm going to ask this question anyway...

[drumroll...]

What (do you consider) is the first? (If you don't mind my asking...)

And, your dog looks like a terrier - what is her breed? (Reminds me... Time to rescue mine from the kitchen!)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret, the purest form of love, imho, is the love of God.

The dog is actually the consequence of a night of reckless sharing of chew toys and a nice can of alpo between a papillion and a chihuahua...

E_R

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margaret, the purest form of love, imho, is the love of God.

I was hoping you'd say that.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Woozie said...

Margaret, the purest form of love, imho, is the love of God.

I beg to differ. I'd say the purest form of love is between a mother and her child.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Your dog is cute.
Thanks for the tag, i was secretly hoping to be tagged. How did you know? :) I wouldn't say i'm a creative genius, but thanks for the compliment. Now is it anything creative, or specifically a drawing/painting?

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne:

hellifIknow. the Wooz-meister advised me that it was some sort of graphic work, not traced. i sort of did a pencil drawing with ball-point pen...

good luck!

E_R

2:07 PM  
Blogger Omar said...

I beg to differ. I'd say the purest form of love is between a mother and her child.

No one loves us like our mamas.

ER, I will have my art work posted tomorrow night.

3:57 PM  
Blogger kara said...

Is it still unconditional if they crap in your shoes? Dogs, I mean. Not people. That'd be a whole DIFFERENT issue.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omar, you are alright, no matter what anybody posts.

Kara-well, I have been through a few of those moments with this and other dogs, and yes, it is still unconditional. My canine is an inspiration at times, always ready to make the best of things, and play, with a toy or a show, whatever works...

E_R

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as I think about it, the drawing looks like an extra from Planet of the Apes. the dog's face is a bit thinner, but she has a mane like a daddy lion.

next time I will try crayons.

E_R

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to differ. I'd say the purest form of love is between a mother and her child.

No one loves us like our mamas.


I have to agree - having three (grown) children of my own whom I love UNconditionally. However, I think a gift given from "above" (rather, within?) was what gave me that capacity...

9:46 PM  
Blogger mika said...

aaawww, you got all artistic on us!

your dog is cute and i will say "aaaaawwww" again in honour of its cuteness...aaaaaawwww.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home