Saturday, September 12, 2009

howdy


I have been messing around with my template.

Forgive me, it is a work in progress, but I have had some time on my hands and wanted to try something new. I have long admired some of the pages that I glance at from time to time, some for the style of the content, some for the presentation and some, for both. Salutations to you cyber artists who manipulate the hypertext code to give your sharp and acerbic observations just the right spin. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

Enough of that.

The lads from liverpool are re-releasing the catalog on CD yet again, and as Tommy Lee Jones observed in some movie, I'll have to buy the White Album again. Maybe. Has anybody heard the new releases? Are they worth it, audibly? I mean, I nice new booklet insert is sweet, but hardly worth the $14 bucks a pop. And do these things really do the Beatles justice? Part of what made the Fab 4 the Fab 4 was that the talent came through, on 45 RPM single, LP, 8 track, cassette, open reel, CD and even monophonic, black & white TV. Is this necessary, or did Yoko buy a boat or something?

I'm just asking here.




2 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

I'm just sayin the last time I had a frequency test done on my right ear, it started to slope off severely at 8KHz. Of course that's still far superior to the average phone line. In Atherton. Working out of the concentrator on Maple. With A/C induction that would knock Frankenstein's monster on his ass.

You may be right--what we're taking here is perhaps the aural equivalent of Ted Turner colorizing the first fifteen minutes of The Wizard of Oz.

11:30 AM  
Blogger eccentric recluse said...

well, your hearing probably beats mine all to hell.

I did learn today that the sites that host this blog, (and I thank them profusely), and the one that hosts the files that are streaming in have a limit on how much they will bring in.....a 320K mp-three file will not play, nor will a spliced together file of three tunes by the 4 lads that you may be hearing right now.

I don't know exactly what the limit is, time or bandwidth or file size, a combination or all three, but it is something.

More experimentation to follow when I sober up....

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home