Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Beware!

Yesterday was Microsoft Update day, a time (almost weekly), when we modify our computers to provide the corporate giant with some degree of plausible deniability.

I do not indulge in automatic updates, I select those that I believe to be necessary and prudent and install them, (after building a System restore point). yesterday, I installed nine new fixes. Between then and now, my PC ran a lot like molasses and the web was very difficult to access. I just finished going back to the time before the updates, and I seem to be running a lot better.

Be careful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Sort or related, I'm thinking of switching to a different blog company. I was happy with Blogger before, but all this Beta crap is starting to really annoy me. I couldn't update some things in my blog today, not sure why, and I find more and more blogs that I can't post comments to. Stupid computer companies.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am finding blogger to be problematic at times, and I surmise that it is when big stuff is being done to the servers and all that. On some blogs, I have to sign in with my blogger ID, on others with a google ID, (email ID). This is a batch of something, but I tell myself that it is worth every cent that I am paying for it. If it does not bet better, I may move to MSN, but I suspect that the culture in any other community is a bit different, not that different is bad, but I might not care to get used to another culture shift...

E_R

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home