Thursday, December 14, 2006

only in Texas

According to a report published in the LA Times, the state legislature is considering bills that would allow visually impaired persons to hunt. With guns. The bills under consideration would tighten the definition of 'legally blind' and allow such persons the use of special technical equipment, (laser sights and comparable equipment), that are disallowed for the average sighted hunter.

As a hunter myself, I am sympathetic to the desires of all to be able to participate. Really, I am.

To the Texas legislature, I have a resounding WTF? for their consideration. Perhaps they would consider allowing these people to drive their harvest to a check station as well....

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Why you call me Bubba, Tex? :p

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't mean anything by it, just a figure of Texican speech.

don't be mad at me, I can't help it.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I ain't mad at ya, Tex. Just confused. I've been called a lot of things before, but never Bubba. You crack me up! LOL!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Roy said...

It seems like it would be such a small group--visually impaired people who want to hunt--that this bill is just a trifle. I don't see a secret plan or a slippery slope, just a big question mark.

More interesting is the discussion of re-tooling for various sized paper money bills so blind people can count their folding money.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home