Monday, December 18, 2006

tagged again

This is a Christmastime assignment from Mika. She tagged me, with the following instructions:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123 and go down to the fifth sentence.
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Name the book and the author.
5. Tag some people.

OK, here we go. Read at your own risk.

He tried writing, poems and short stories. His college letters are those of a literary man more than of a scientist. He would keep his literary skills and they would serve him well, but he acquired them first of all for the access he thought they might open to self-knowledge.

-Richard Rhodes, writing of J. Robert Oppenheimer, "The Making of the Atomic Bomb".

OK, the lucky taggee's are:

Pud
Woozie
Anne
Roy
Leelee

All hand on deck, let's see whatcha got!

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Thanks, I love memes. The book is my son's Goosebumps book. :)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Pud said...

I've done it. Go and see.

2:04 AM  
Blogger leelee said...

me too...done deal

5:28 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Sorry, I had just finished posting something when I learned I was tagged. Hope you don't mind if I wait a day or so to post this meme. I try to pace myself. :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Woozie said...

I did your meme. Now, where is the agreed upon sum of Nintey Thousand United States Dollars (US$90,000)?

2:10 PM  
Blogger eccentric recluse said...

I got your 90 grand right here Woozie!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I finished my meme too. :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger mika said...

mika thanks you kindly for participating :)

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home