Tuesday, December 19, 2006

business as usual

Apparently, VP Dick "Ol' Gutshot" Cheney will be called to testify in the perjury/obstruction trial of I. Lewis 'Scooter' Libby. The prosecution announced that they would not call the VP, so the defense promptly announced that they would. Mr Libby & Mr Cheney go back quite a ways, since the Ford administration, and they are considered to be close friends.

I wonder what the VP will say? He will be under oath, but can probably invoke executive privilege if he is backed into a corner. Truth is, the case was already tried, it was called 'the election'. Its value has already been exploited and expended, though it is possible that there could be some hay to be made in tarring the GOP in preparation for '08.

I will pay some attention to this as it happens, but I really don't expect much more than a ritual closing of this particular chapter in GWB history.

2 Comments:

Blogger Woozie said...

Two Words: Razzle Dazzle

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first read this I thought it might be a ploy to defend a Liddy pardon. The VP shouldn't have to take the stand and risk giving away state secrets so Bush gives the pardon.

Of course I just hate Bush so their is that....

JB

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home